Monday, September 19, 2005

sp6 questionaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Nope, not a yarn snob. I think that there are plenty of pretty things that can be made from even the most reasonably priced yarn.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I don’t spin, but I do love to crochet! (almost more than knit.....)

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I’m allergic to most house pets, perfumes, candles etc. as well as hazelnuts and brazil nuts.

4. How long have you been knitting?
I learned when I was little, but I have just recently picked it up again. I am much more of a crochet type person.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
nope

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
anything not to strong! it seems as if i am alergic to everything on the planet....but most mild, natural sents are ok. lilac would be my favorite.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
oh my yes.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I love to paint, and occasionally sew

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like most any kind of music, and yes I can play MP3’s.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love most colors, not a big fan of anything really pastel-ly or neon shades. also not a big fan of fire engine red all by itself.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my parents in the house I grew up in. Sadly, we no longer have any pets.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
life dreams? I suppose to be happy and healthy.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I like most things with a bit of texture. although recently I have found I really like felting, so wool is a new interest to me.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
not many....although i am not a big fan of really cheap yarn from the 70s

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
humm, felting, like I mentioned before, and attempting to really understand how to knit slippers.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
hats and bags

17. What are you knitting right now?
a sweater, a slipper pattern I am test knitting, another button hole bag

18. What do you think about ponchos?
I don’t mind them, although I am not sure I look so great in them myself.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
both

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
aluminum

21. Are you a sock knitter?
I’m trying to be, although this dpn thing is starting to frustrate me.

22. How did you learn to knit?
my mom started me out, and I am picking it up on my own.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
years…15 maybe (hey, I was a kid, what can I say)

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
not big into animated characters, I do like most animals….anything with a vintage twist to it.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
i love most any holiday....but christmas/new years especially. when it is snowing and cold in colorado, it's almost like there is magic in the air. it fills me with the wonder that i had when i was a child...maybe even more so.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
anything vintage, but I especially love the 60’s

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
none

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
i still do not have a copy of k&b....and i can't think of anything else at the moment.

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
hummm, not so sure...i'll have to think about it.

30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?
well, i don't have a tape measure right now, as i am at the office, but i will get that soon.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you need to post more, melanie! i love hearing about what you are doing! are you going to school this semester? well, have a good fall! xoxox

9:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » »

10:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Long+term+buspirone+use check printing laser printers commodity brokers European patent office epo Online continuing education online continuing educ Where to buy vicodin online sale without prescrip Baker sofa Hyacinth bean the plant Online butalbital http://www.buy-paxil-6.info/Keywords-butalbital.html Yahoo adware remover butalbital 2355 Side effects of children taking neurontin Los angeles rhinoplasty surgeon specific side effects lipitor

5:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »

12:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » »

9:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home